Who we are
We show you. We guide you. We lead you.
Building on our direct experience with EU research projects, we have come to realise that there is a need for more harmonised information provision on EU funding opportunities and related procedures as well as a need for capacity building on developing competitive proposals and effectively managing projects under the EU’s Research and Innovation programmes.
The EU funding system is complex and competition to get a project financed by the EU is tough. Specific knowledge, well-established networks and special skills are needed to successfully get involved in these competitive projects.
To respond to this need, Europa Media was established in 2003 with a mission to provide and present the dispersed and technical information on EU policies, funding opportunities and programmes in a streamlined and simplified way to relevant stakeholders in Europe and worldwide. With this mission, we have developed, launched and publicised a variety of information sources and tools including web platforms, publications, e-Learning courses, webinars and events. In parallel, we launched our first international training programmes on EU proposal development and project management starting from 2004.
Our aim is to become a bridge between the European Commission and the beneficiaries to facilitate the implementation of various R&I visions within the framework programmes of the EU and to strengthen our position as a leading organisation providing assistance in EU project development and management.
Over the past 14 years, our team has developed a comprehensive portfolio of training programmes designed to facilitate access to EU funding and simplify EU project development and management, in particular under the EU’s research and innovation programmes. To date, we have organized hundreds of training courses attended by over 9,000 participants from all over Europe and beyond. We have also supported many universities, research organisations and SMEs on an advisory/in-house capacity in their efforts to develop winning proposals and effectively implement projects
Are our courses for you?
With this practice-driven learning-by-doing approach, our goal is to enable researchers, engineers, project managers, financial managers, administrators and other individuals to turn their ideas into successful project proposals and obtain the necessary skills to cope with the administrative and financial challenges of EU funded research and innovation projects.
Structure of the Group
Europa Media Trainings is the training arm of Geonardo and Europa Media Non-profit; joint efforts of the three shape EMG group, a group of SMEs active in EU research and innovation projects and in training and capacity building on EU project development and management.
EMG Group was established with a vision to consolidate under one umbrella 19 years of hands-on experience in developing and managing EU funded research and innovation projects and solid capacity and skills in designing and delivering training and capacity building programmes on successfully developing and managing projects under the EU programmes.
Geonardo Environmental Technologies Ltd.: a leading SME in Central and Eastern Europe providing services in the energy, environment and sustainable development fields. Geonardo is intensively involved in EU funded projects in the renewable energy, energy efficiency, raw materials, climate change, and resource efficiency fields. www.geonardo.com
Europa Media Non-profit Ltd.: a non-profit SME active in European Union affairs, in particular in EU research and innovation policies, programmes and projects. Europa Media is intensively involved in EU funded projects and EC contracts in international research cooperation, lifelong learning, ICT, entrepreneurship, and training and capacity building fields. www.europamedia.org
We are a multicultural team with diverse background including engineers, geologists, financial and communications experts, but we share a common connection, passion for European projects. Together we share personal and professional experiences, and we support each other through thick and thin.
Our experts develop their own proposals and coordinate and manage their own projects under FP7 and H2020 on a daily basis, making our training courses and advisory services 100% practice-driven. No other major player in Europe currently matches this approach.
Let us guide you through the reality of EU projects!
Director of Corporate Affairs
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Social Media Manager
Back end specialist
Front end specialist
Lead Graphic Designer
Junior Social Media Manager
Europa Media, part of Europa Media Group, is seeking an open-minded, responsible, flexible and goal-oriented social media manager to join our exciting and fast-growing team.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager who will help us maintain, strengthen and grow our online community as well as support our EU funded projects lifecycle.
Who are you?
- Academic background in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, European affairs or related topics
- 2-year experience in social media management and digital environment
- Deep understanding of the digital environment and social networks
- Knowledge of digital tools, online trends and sense of aesthetics
- Creativity, positivity and always up to face challenges
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Interest in science communication and social media strategies
- Passionate EU policies, social and political affairs, with an eye on what is happening in the EU bubble.
- Pro-active and responsive with the ability to quickly understand tasks and situations
As part of our team, your role will be a diagonal one, meaning that you will closely work with the other members of the marketing team, the graphic design team and the project managers. The successful candidate (maybe you?) will manage on a daily basis the social media accounts of several EU research and innovation projects covering a wide range of topics (entrepreneurship, international cooperation, renewable energy and energy efficiency, environmental technologies, climate change, etc.) supporting the marketing team in developing creative and challenging social media strategies that connect our partners and clients with our projects and services.
Wondering how your daily work will be like?
- Maintain, update Europa Media’s online presence
- Update and improve the consistency of current content.
- Help develop and execute social media strategies
- Share updates about EU funding and EU projects related on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Periodical reporting with insights and performance overview
- Brainstorming about communication strategy of brand-new projects
- Create sponsored posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Write, proofread, and edit posts, blog posts and articles.
- Write for a variety of audiences in different tones of voices.
This is a full-time position, located in Graphisoft Park in Budapest, Hungary. The position is subject to a 3-month probation period with the possibility to turn into a permanent position.
This position offers you the opportunity to work in an exciting field and in the dynamic environment of EU affairs and projects.
Do you want to be our new colleague?
To apply, please send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 November 2018, mentioning your last name and vacancy reference in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Training Organiser Intern
Europa Media, part of EMG Group, is seeking an open-minded, responsible, flexible and goal oriented intern to join our exciting and fast-growing team. We are looking for an Event Organiser Intern who will help us organise events in connection with our training courses across Europe and arrange meetings and conferences within the framework of our EU funded projects.
What will your challenges be?
- Searching for venues suitable for training courses and project events all around Europe, negotiating the price, and providing support on contractual issues; Producing detailed proposals for events to the Management of the company and the Project Managers of the EU projects (for example timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets); • Communicating with the event managers of the selected venues about meeting rooms, catering, and other technical requirements; • Working closely with the Training team of the company in preparing the training materials; • Providing support to the Training Coordinator in invoicing and keeping track of expenses; • Communicating with the training participants about any special needs and helping if problems occur with booking; • Providing support in the implementation of the events on the spot, as required.
Profile of the candidate:
- Good understanding of and/or direct experience in event organising • Strong interest in hotel/catering management • Well organized, with an ability to multitask • Proactive and responsive with an ability to quickly understand complex tasks and situations • Good at hitting deadlines • Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What is in it for you?
- Great learning opportunities • Young, dynamic, international working environment
This internship is a full-time position, located in Graphisoft Park in Budapest, Hungary. The duration of the internship is 6 months with the possibility to turn into a permanent position.
Our internship offers students the opportunity to work in an exciting field and in the dynamic environment of EU affairs and projects. Interns receive compensation for their work.
To apply, please send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by 19 October 2018, mentioning your last name and vacancy reference in the subject line.
EU Research and Innovation Project Manager
EMG Group Plc is a group of SMEs active in EU research and innovation projects and in training and capacity building programmes on EU project development and management. Two of the EMG Group’s companies have been successfully conceiving and implementing EU funded research and innovation projects over the past 18 years.
Geonardo Environmental Technologies Ltd., part of EMG Group, is an innovation and technology company active in the energy, environment and sustainable development fields. Geonardo provides research, innovation and consultancy services and cutting-edge solutions in the renewable energy, resource efficiency, climate change and natural resources sectors. Since its establishment in 1999, Geonardo has been active in EU funded research and innovation projects, working closely with universities, research institutions, industry as well as public administrations and civil society organisations, providing innovative solutions to tackle complex challenges. Read more here: www.geonardo.com
Geonardo is now looking for an ambitious and talented Project Manager with a passion for developing innovative project concepts and managing our ongoing projects under the EU programmes, in particular the research and innovation programmes.
Who we are looking for: Must-haves
We are searching for candidates with a can-do approach, leadership skills and creativity.
Please DO NOT APPLY if you do not have:
- Proven direct experience in developing and/or managing EU funded research and innovation projects;
- At least three years of professional experience relevant to Geonardo’s fields of activities;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills to produce proposals and reports;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Who we are looking for: Good-to-haves
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the EU funding system;
- Direct experience in coordinating FP7 and Horizon 2020 projects and handling their technical, administrative and financial management;
- Working knowledge of additional languages.
What the job is about
- Managing EU funded projects as coordinator or partner, and ensuring the implementation of the projects’ activities and the delivery of their results;
- Actively communicating and liaising with project partners as well as building networks and disseminating and exploiting the project results;
- Seeking high-potential opportunities and developing and submitting competitive project proposals under the EU’s research and innovation programmes;
- Travelling to proposal/project meetings and events, predominantly within Europe;
- Contributing to the preparation of bids for EC tenders on as-needed basis;
- Providing active support to other project managers in their day-to-day tasks related to the implementation of their projects.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Opportunity to take part in international research and innovation projects;
- Opportunity to advance in the EU project development and management field;
- A great working environment at the Graphisoft Park by the Danube, and within a young, multidisciplinary and international team.
When and Where
This is a full-time post foreseen to start in September 2018 with a probationary period of 3 months. The place of post is Budapest, Hungary. The candidates shall be preferably based in Budapest or willing to invest in the necessary move to Budapest.
How to apply
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this post, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “GEO Project Manager” in the subject line and attach:
- A motivation letter explaining how your profile matches the skills and qualifications required for the position;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Contact information of two references.
Only those applications which meet the required skills and qualifications will be considered. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
EU Project Manager Trainee
Europa Media is always interested in talented young professionals with a passion and inclination for learning more about EC project development and management issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in project proposal development
- Interacting with international clients/project partners
- General supporting helpdesk tasks
- Preparing project reports
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and teamwork oriented
- General understanding of EU policies, EU institutions and EC funding is an advantage
- Experience in project proposal development is an advantage
If you are confident your skills match the above requirements and you are ready to turn your theoretical knowledge into practice, then please send a Motivation Letter, and your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.