Exploitation Plans: five key steps for Horizon 2020 proposals
It can be hard for researchers and scientists to shift mentality from research for the sake of research to developing new products or technologies that should be ready for the market as soon as possible. It can however be very rewarding to succeed in this shift, and to help you in this jump, we have put together some tips to write a solid exploitation plan in your next Horizon 2020 proposal.
It all starts with devising project results (new knowledge, findings, new products, technology, services, etc.) based on you work plan, but which also ensure the delivery of positive impacts to society. For each of these results, then, try to carefully reflect on the five steps described in the following infographic.
For more resources and guidelines, please check the following links:
- Innovation strategy in R&D projects, a step-by-step guide http://health2market.eu/results/step-by-step-guide
- Annotated template for H2020 RIA http://health2market.eu/results/h2020-annotated-template
- EC Presentation on Dissemination and Exploitation: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/other/events/2017-03-01/8_result-dissemination-exploitation.pdf
- European IPR Helpdesk:
- Plan for the Exploitation and Dissemination of Results https://www.iprhelpdesk.eu/sites/default/files/newsdocuments/FS-Plan-for-the-exploitation-and-dissemination-of-results_1.pdf
- Maximising the impact of Horizon 2020 project https://www.fitforhealth.eu/sites/default/files/maximising_the_impact_of_h2020_projects_handout.pdf