Please read very carefully these terms and conditions before registering. By applying and providing invoicing details, the Participant accepts the following terms and conditions of Europa Media’s training courses. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not register. Any legal claim, action or proceeding arising from the use of the services provided shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the City Court of Budapest, Hungary.
1. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1 Europa Media and the EC
Europa Media is not linked or related to the European Commission or to any European body or national government in any respect.
1.2 Support from the EU
Europa Media’s training courses are not supported by the European Union or any public funds and cannot be considered an official initiative of the European Union.
2.1 Training material
All training material is protected by the Hungarian copyright law. All training materials are your own personal and not for commercial use. They may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior permission of Europa Media.
2.2 Photographs, audio and video recording
Participants are allowed to take photographs during the course for personal use only. Making audio and video recordings are not allowed during the course and any participant caught taping any lectures or material will be asked to delete the recorded material. Should a participant refuse to delete said material, Europa Media reserves the right to dismiss that participant.
3.1 Freely available public information
Europa Media does not resell or otherwise commercially exploit freely available public information and do not imply that this information is restricted or only accessible through www.eutrainingsite.com or its other web platforms or its trainings. All interested parties are strongly advised to consult the official website of the EU at www.europa.eu, the websites of ministries, various helpdesks, etc. and/or any other official network, supporting organisation or EC representation before taking advantage of the services provided by commercial organisations.
3.2 Information/content changing
3.2.1 Changes by the European Union
Europa Media will work to provide the most up-to-date information to the best of its capabilities but is not responsible for any losses, monetary or otherwise, incurred due to time lapses between the official changes in the European Union’s information sources and changes within the e-learning and training course material. Under no circumstances shall Europa Media or any of its employees, partners or agents be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages including, but not limited to, lost revenues or lost profits arising from or in connection with the use of the information provided or reached through www.eutrainingsite.com, www.elearningsite.com, or through the e-learning or training courses. No advice or information given by Europa Media shall create any warranty or liability including, but not limited to, the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the content, text, graphics, links or other items accessed through or reached from or via the aforementioned websites and e-learning and training courses.
3.2.2 Changes by Europa Media
Europa Media reserves the right to edit the content of the information provided in the courses at its own discretion and without notice. Indecent or otherwise unacceptable behaviour through the portal’s communication channels may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of the user account. In the case of permanent suspension, no refund will be given.
3.3 Information from external organisations
Some of the pages in the e-learning course may contain links to information created and maintained by external organisations. Europa Media cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided on these external links and cannot be held liable for any use of this information.
All personal information provided will be kept strictly confidential and will not be redistributed in any way to third parties. The information provided will be used for accounting purposes, to inform users about changes to the websites, new and upcoming services and/or special services that are deemed beneficial to the user and/or his/her organisation.
4.2 Terms of password using
Purchasers of e-learning and training courses are not permitted to share, distribute, sell or otherwise transfer their password to other individuals or organisations. The password is for the sole use of the purchaser and is valid for a limited time period. Significant or unusual use of a password (including, but not limited to, significant use of a password on multiple computers, IPs or multiple log-ins at the same time) will result in denied access, temporary or permanent suspension for that password. In the case of permanent suspension, all user rights will be terminated without a refund. Providing false information may also result in the termination of user accounts without a refund.
4.3 Personal rights
Europa Media may take photographs, audio and video recordings during the scheduled events. These materials may be used for promotional purposes for future events and will not be used in an unprofessional manner. The Participants agree that photos may be taken and that they may be used for promotional purposes. Should a Participant wish to not have their photograph taken or used, they must make it clear to Europa Media during the event.
5. SITE SECURITY
5.1 Network monitoring
For site security purposes Europa Media uses various software to monitor network traffic and identify any unauthorized access or attempts that may cause damage. Unauthorized attempts will be logged and reported to the authorities.
5.2 Unexpected system downtime
Europa Media has scheduled several downtimes for system maintenance. Unplanned or incidental downtimes may also occur. Europa Media shall have no liability for the resulting inaccessibility or for any losses incurred (financial or otherwise) resulting from the planned or unplanned system downtimes.
5.3 Viruses and other harmful components
The e-learning course is free of errors, viruses and other harmful components; users access the information at their own risk and are solely responsible for any damages caused to their computers, systems, hardware, software, data or files.
6. REGISTRATION / CONFIRMATION OF APPLICATION
A registration can be made via internet, mail, fax, or email. The registration is considered granted and legally binding if not rejected by the Europa Media in writing within two (2) business days after receipt of registration. The registration will be supplemented by a booking confirmation via email. Partial bookings are only valid for seminars designed in modules.
Payment of the course fee is payable immediately upon receipt of the pro-forma invoice. Where payment is not received or lacking clear assignment to a participant prior to commencement of the course, Europa Media may refuse the relevant participant’s participation in that course. The course fee, however, is still due immediately and can be claimed as part of a dunning procedure or legal action. In case of default of payment within the stipulated time period, default interest on arrears of at least 5% above the ECB base rate is due and payable. Europa Media can claim higher damage for delay if and where proven. Equally, the participant may prove that a damage has not occurred or has had less effect than estimated by Europa Media.
7.1 Payment methods
Payment shall be made by cashless bank transfer or by credit cards via Paypal; cash or cheques will not be accepted. Europa Media is not liable for any loss of means of payment. The participant may only offset such claims against Europa Media as are undisputed, legally recognized or recognized in writing by the Europa Media. The right of retention is only acceptable in accordance with a counterclaim based on the same contract.
7.2 Pro-forma invoice
After applying to a course applicant receives an electronic pro-forma invoice via an automatically generated confirmation e-mail. Applicant can only modify the content of the pro-forma invoice by asking Europa Media via e-mail or telephone. Europa Media is responsible for modifying the pro-forma invoice if any mistake is found or any change is settled regarding the invoicing details.
Discounts (e.g. EM Voucher and/or VIP code) will be automatically charged on the pro-forma invoice.
7.3 Payment deadline
Applying to a training course does not mean that the registration is completed. To ensure that the registration is completed and participation to a training course granted, the actual and complete training fee must be paid before the start of the training course. If the payment is not received by Europa Media, the applicant is not allowed to take part in any event and/or receive any training material.
7.4.1 Payment of the VAT
The payment of the VAT is according to the following conditions:
- For business customers based in the EU and having an EU VAT number and for business costumers/legal entities based outside the EU no VAT will be charged. For these organisations the taxation will take place in their country.
- For Hungarian legal entities the VAT will be charged.
- For all individuals (not business customers/legal entities) the VAT will be charged.
7.4.2 VAT number
Because of the strict Hungarian Tax Regulation, Europa Media needs to verify the delegating organisation’s validation.
- Taxable organisations can certify their validation by their VAT number which is required during the registration. Organisations based in the EU are needed to have an EC confirmed VAT number verified by the European Commission’s official VAT validation page: HERE. Europa Media are not allowed to issue the original invoice without verified VAT number.
- VAT/tax-free organisations are needed to send their official VAT exemption document in English to verify their validation. Europa Media are not allowed to issue the original invoice without the official VAT exemption document.
8. CANCELLATION POLICY
8.1 Cancellation by Europa Media
Europa Media reserves the right to cancel the training course. Notification about the cancellation will be made by Europa Media via e-mail or telephone. Europa Media is responsible for ensuring that Participant receives the notification.
In case Europa Media cancels a training course, the Participants have the following rights:
8.1.1 Rescheduling the participation
Europa Media tries to provide the opportunity to reschedule participation upon availability and register the participant to another course if a course is cancelled. Europa Media cannot guarantee to provide another course which is the same as the cancelled course in terms of thematic scope and price.
8.1.2 Refund of Fees
If the Participant does not accept the rescheduling or no rescheduling is possible, the Participant is entitled to refund the training fee according to the following conditions:
- Cancellation earlier than 30 calendar days of the starting date of the course: participant is entitled to a full refund of the training fee, but not entitled to claim any costs incurred in relation with the course (e.g. travel costs, accommodation, etc.).
- Cancellation within 30 calendar days of the starting date of the course: participant is entitled to a full refund of the training fee and all costs in relation with the travel and accommodation of the training course already booked and paid by the Participant.
- In case Europa Media cancels or reschedules the training due to circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond the control of Europa Media (including but not limited to war or threat of war, terrorism or threat of terrorism, flood, fire, explosion, epidemics, civil disturbance, prohibitions of any kind of local authorities, strike, accident) the participant is entitled to a full refund of the training fee, but not entitled to claim any costs incurred in relation with the course (e.g.travel costs, accommodation etc.)
In case the cancellation of the training course by Europa Media takes place after the registration, but before the payment of the concerned training fee by the Participants, Europa Media is not bound to pay any compensation and does not accept responsibility for any costs incurred in relation with the course (travel costs, accommodation, etc.) for the participant.
8.2 Cancellation by the Participant
The Participant has the right to cancel participation. Notification about the cancellation must be made via e-mail or telephone prior to the event. The Participant is responsible for ensuring that Europa Media receives the notification.
8.2.1 Rescheduling or substitution of participation
The Participant has the right to reschedule his/her participation and register to another course. Rescheduling is possible only once under the following conditions:
- If the fee of the newly chosen course is higher than the fee of the original one: Participant must pay the difference in fee.
- If the fee of the newly chosen course is less than fee of the original one: Europa Media reimburses the difference in fee.
The participant has the right to substitute his/her participation to any substitute delegate from the same legal entity.
The Participant shall notify Europa Media of the rescheduling or substitution within 7 (seven) calendar days before the scheduled date of the training course. If the notification is made later than this date, then an administration fee of 10% of the course fee will be applied and invoiced to the participant to cover for the administrative costs and costs for the training material produced and prepared for the participant.
8.2.2 Cancellation after registration and payment of the training fee
The Participant is entitled to partial refund of the training fee according to the following conditions:
- Cancellation of up to 15 business days before the starting date of the course: the Participant is entitled to a full refund of the training fee minus a service fee (15% of the relevant training fee).
- Cancellation within 15–6 business days before the starting date of the course: the Participant is entitled to a refund of the 50% of the relevant training fee.
- Cancellation within 5 business days before the starting date of the course: No refund will be made.
8.2.3 Cancellation after registration, but before payment of the training fee
In case the Participant is cancelling the training course after the registration has taken place (by any means i.e.: on-line or by fax), but before payment of the training fee, Europa Media has the right to charge a Service Fee to the Participant according to the following conditions:
- Cancellation of up to 15 business days before the starting date of the course: 15% of the training fee as service fee.
- Cancellation within 15–6 business days before the starting date of the course: 50% of the training fee as service fee.
- Cancellation within 5 business days before the starting date of the course: 100% of the training fee as service fee.
9. APPLICABLE LAW, PLACE OF JURISDICTION, PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
All cases shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Hungarian law to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention. As far as legally admissible, place of performance and place of exclusive jurisdiction shall be Budapest, Hungary.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com or check our FAQ.
© 2017 Europa Media Trainings. All rights reserved.