This 2-day training course provides a complete insight into the financial management and administration of Horizon 2020 projects. It will help you ensure that the day-to-day bookkeeping as well as the periodic and financial reports of your H2020 projects are sound and fully conform with the requirements of the H2020 Grant Agreement.
Facts and doubts about financial issues and EC audits
- Eligibility of various costs in Horizon 2020 may depend on various factors and differ on a case-by-case basis.
Do you know how to interpret the FP7 and H2020 financial guidelines and make the right decisions?
- Calculation of personnel costs is the most common source of problems in financial reporting and audits.
Do you know how to make your time-sheets bulletproof and your salary calculation correct?
- Financial rules of Horizon 2020 differ from the financial rules of FP7 on several instances.
Do you know what these differences are and what implications they have on accounting and administration processes?
- EC financial audits at Horizon 2020 beneficiaries can be conducted directly by the Commission services or by external contractors.
Do you know how the financial audits are conducted and how to get prepared for both approaches?
Why participate in the "H2020 – Master of Finance and Administration" course?
1. Trainers are actual Project Managers and Coordinators
This 2-day training course is built 100% on project experience and real-life examples. Our lecturers and workshop leaders are flesh-and-bone financial managers and administrators, whose daily work is to prepare financial reports and control budgets, manage project spendings and assist our project partners in their financial management. Their projects were recently subject of an EC audit.
2. Lectures and practical workshops on Financial reporting and EC Audits
Experience Europa Media's unique "learning-by-doing" approach – hear presentations in the morning, then use your newly-acquired knowledge during the workshops:
Introducing the financial rules from the very basics to the most advanced issues using a practical, real-life approach.
Discover the well-known and utterly unique workshop of Europa Media. Participants will receive a package consisting of timesheets, salary slips, invoices, contracts, per-diem certificates and mission reports for a virtual H2020 project. They will then have to calculate the eligible costs and submit a financial statement.
- Learn everything about the financial rules of Horizon 2020 - find out what is new, what has changed and how to get the most out of your budget.
- Participate in Europa Media's well-known Financial Reporting workshop and prepare your financial statement (Form C).
- Discover the mistakes you made during the workshops and find out how to avoid making them again.
- Network and exchange experiences with leading universities, research institutions and companies from around the EU and beyond.
Is this training right for me?
Feedback from previous participants show that this course is equally useful for
- Financial administrators
- Project managers
- Decision makers
- Public institutions
- Universities and research institutions
- SMEs and large companies
Thanks to our learning-by-doing approach and the unique workshops, participants with different background will meet all their expectations. One of the strengths of our courses is the diverse background of the participants, so we can all learn a lot from the different approaches and stories.
The training fee includes
- Training material in electronic format
- Coffee breaks and lunch at the venue
- Access to our My Trainings (downloadable presentations, background documentations, workshop materials, partner search)
- Certificate of attendance
Accommodation is not included in the course price and should be arranged individually by the participants.
(To book a hotel room at the venue hotel, booking form can be downloaded from the confirmation email received after registration.)
*If you want to practice your skills, even more, join us for an optional 3rd day EC audit workshop: Register for H2020 Master of Finance and Administration and EC Audits HERE
STANDARD RATE: €1150