Vienna - Grand Hotel Mercure Biedermeier
H2020 Master of Finance and Administration
Facts and doubts about financial issues and EC audits
- Eligibility of various costs in FP7 and H2020 may depend on various factors and differ on a case-by-case basis.
Do you know how to interpret the FP7 and H2020 financial guidelines and make the right decisions?
- Calculation of personnel costs is the most common source of problems in financial reporting and audits.
Do you know how to make your time-sheets bulletproof and your salary calculation correct?
- Financial rules of Horizon 2020 differ from the financial rules of FP7 on several instances.
Do you know what these differences are and what implications they have on accounting and adminstration processes?
- EC financial audits at FP7/H2020 beneficiares can be conducted directly by the Commission services or by external contractors.
Do you know how the financial audits are conducted and how to get prepared for both approaches?
Why participate in the "H2020 – Master of Finance and Administration" course?
1. TRAINERS are ACTUAL Project Managers and Coordinators
This 2-day training course is built 100% on project experience and real-life examples. Our lecturers and workshop leaders are flesh-and-bone financial managers and administrators, whose daily work is to prepare financial reports and control budgets, manage project spendings and assist our project partners in their financial management. Their projects were recently subject of an EC audit.
2. Lectures and practical workshops on Financial reporting and EC Audits
Experience Europa Media's unique "learning-by-doing" approach - presentations in the morning, then use your newly-acquired knowledge during the workshops designed for the particular topics:
FP7 & Horizon 2020 Financial Rules
Introducing the financial rules from the very basics to the most advanced issues using a practical, real-life approach.
Workshop: Financial Management and Reporting
Discover the well-known and utterly unique workshop of Europa Media. Participants will receive a package consisting of virtual timesheets and salary slips, invoices and contracts, per-diem certificates and mission reports. They will then have to calculate eligible costs and submit a FORM C.
Participants will be birefed on the EC financial audit process. Financial rules and bottlenecks, tricks and mistakes to focus on will be introduced.
Workshop: EC Audits
You will become an auditor for a day! Participants in small groups will perform a financial audit based on the documentation provided by us
- Learn everything about the financial rules of FP7 and H2020 - find out what is new, what has changed and how to get the most out of your budget.
- Participate in Europa Media's well-known Financial Reporting and EC Audit workshops and prepare your Form C and simulate a real-life audit.
- Discover the mistakes you made during the workshops and find out how to avoid making them again.
- Network and exchange experiences with leading universities, research institutions and companies from around the EU and beyond.
Is this training right for me?
Feedback from previous participants show that this course is equally useful for
- Financial administrators
- Project managers
- Decision makers
- Public institutions
- Universities and research institutions
- SMEs and large companies
Thanks to our learning-by-doing approach and the unique workshops, participants with different background will meet all their expectations. One of the strengths of our courses is the diverse background of the participants, so we can all learn a lot from the different approaches and stories.
The training fee includes
- Training material in electronic format
- Coffee breaks and lunch at the venue
- Access to our My Trainings (downloadable presentations, background documentations, workshop materials, partner search)
Accommodation is not included in the course price and should be arranged individually by the participants.
(To book a hotel room at the venue hotel, booking form can be downloaded from the confirmation email received after registration.)